Information to organisers of charity lotteries: Preprinted lottery tickets and mandatory information
If you, the origaniser of a charity lottery with a licence for a new sales period from the Danish Gambling Authority, have preprinted lottery tickets, on which the mandatory text is no longer accurate due to the covid-19 situation, the Danish Gambling Authority recommend alternatives to reprints.
The Danish Gambling Authority recommends the following alternative:
- That the organiser prepares an information letter including the adjusted dates stated on the lottery ticket.
- That the information letter is attached to each lottery ticket, which is sold from now.
- That, as far as possible, proper notice of the changes to the mandatory text is given to participant who have purchased a lottery ticket prior to the change of dates in the mandatory text.
- That information about the changes is clearly communicated via eg. website, user interface or similar where it makes sense.
Changes to the mandatory text due to covid-19 are expected to affect one or more of the following information:
- Period of the lottery settlement.
- Date of draw (To be stated only in case of non-pre-drawn lottery tickets).
- Time of publication of the lottery result.
- Deadline for payout of prizes.
- Date, when the accounts are available.
Mandatory information appears from section 6(2)(1-12) of the Executive Order on charity lotteries.
If you have any questions as to how you, as an organiser of a charity lottery, should act in this exceptional situation, you are encouraged to contact the Danish Gambling Authority.
We will endeavour to respond to your inquiry as soon as possible.
Take good care of yourself and each other.