Newsletter 13

02 Oct 2012

Extension of the licences

2 October 2012

The Danish Gambling Authority is in the process of changing the one year licences to betting and online casino which were issued in December 2011 to 5 year licences.

This newsletter only concerns licences which expire on 31 December 2012.

The process will be as follows:

Letter about the status of the licence

During October 2012 all licence holders will receive a customised letter which explains the status of their licence. The letter will describe if there are circumstances which may result in the licence not being extended or only being extended for a shorter period.

In the letter we will inform you if we need further material or if there are conditions in the licence which are not fulfilled for some reason.

Submission of certification documents

The certification documents must be received by the Danish Gambling Authority at the latest on 1 November 2012.

The documents must be submitted electronically to

Please be aware that

  • The certification documents must be signed and
  • The Danish Gambling Authority must receive CVs from the persons who have signed the certification reports, either together with the certification reports or directly from the accredited testing organisation.

Please be especially aware of this if your accredited test company has used subcontractors.

If the material is not submitted before the deadline

If we do not receive the material before 1 November 2012 it may result in you not having a licence to provide gambling from 1 January 2013. If the documents are submitted after the deadline we cannot guarantee that the extended licence is issued before 1 January 2013, though. We will try to examine the documents and thus aim to issue the extended licences. However, if this is not possible you will not be able to provide gambling from 1 January 2013 until the time you have received the extended licence

The issuing of licences

We are going to issue licences continuously as the licence holders meet the requirements to obtain an extended licence.