The process for renewal of licences
PLEASE NOTE: THIS INFORMATION IS NO LONGER VALID. IT HAS BEEN REPLACED BY INFORMATION NO 34 PUBLISHED MARCH 3 2017.
4 April 2016
A large number of the licenses, which were issued for provision of gambling on the Danish market, will expire on 31 December 2016 and therefore the Danish Gambling Authority has been working on process for the license holders’ application for renewal of the licenses.
The Danish Gambling Authority informed of the overall framework for the reapplication process and the material, which the Danish Gambling Authority that the license holders should submit, in connection with the committee meeting on 2 December 2015.
Genansøgningsgebyr pr. 1/7-2016
En tilladelse - 104.700 kr. (2016 niveau)
Kombineret - 130.900 kr. (2016 niveau)
To ensure that the Danish Gambling Authority can review the application and issue the licence with effect from January 1, 2017, the application must be submitted no later than September 15, 2016. The Danish Gambling Authority encourages submission of application as early as possible, as licences will be issued on an ongoing basis during autumn 2016. The Danish Gambling Authority will strive to review applications in time to avoid the risk of having any interruption in the offering of gambling services.
The Danish Gambling Authority has planned a meeting in connection with the next committee meeting for online casino and betting on May 30, 2016. During that meeting, the Danish Gambling Authority will go into details about the process for the renewals and which documentation is expected to accompany the application.
Material to support the renewal
The Danish Gambling Authority has reviewed the existing application requirements for online casino and betting and determined which information should support a renewal application.
The material can be divided into three categories:
- General information
- Information in case it has changed since applying last
- Information that exceeds the requirements in the normal application process.
Although the Danish Gambling Authority has required documentation of processes as a part of a compliance review of the existing licence, it is required to be submitted to support the renewal application.
Compared to the information, which was submitted during the application process in 2011, there is information, which must be submitted again, e.g. name of the applicant and which licenses, the license holder wants to have renewed, while other information only has to be submitted if changes have been made since 2011, e.g. responsible for anti money laundering, change management etc. and a snapshot of the ownership structure.
Furthermore there is information, which was submitted in 2011, which must be updated when applying for a renewal of a license. It concerns the following information:
- Refusal or revocation of licenses in other jurisdictions during the period from September 2011 till the application for renewal of the license has been submitted.
- Information on debt to public authorities in Denmark or abroad when the application for renewal of the license has been submitted.
- Information on whether the license holder in Denmark or abroad has submitted a request for reorganization, bankruptcy or debt relief or is currently part of reorganization proceedings, bankruptcy proceedings or debt relief proceedings.
- Information on whether the license holder from September 2011 till the application for renewal of the license has been submitted has been convicted of a criminal offence, has been under investigation of a criminal offence or has been charged with a criminal offence.
- Information on whether the license holder from September 2011 till the application for renewal of the license has been submitted has been part of an investigation with a public authority in Denmark or abroad.
- Information on whether the license holder from September 2011 till the application for renewal of the license has been submitted has been part of a law suit related to a license for provision of gambling.
- Annex A with updated appendices for members of management, which have not been replaced from September 2011 till the application for renewal of the license has been submitted.
Finally information must be submitted, which (1) documents the license holders’ compliance with certain parts of the Danish gambling legislation, and (2) documents certain things regarding the license holders’ provision of gambling in Denmark.
As regards to (1) it concerns the following material:
- Documentation that the license holder each day ensures that the amount in the players’ player accounts is identical with the amount in the set off free account and if that is not the case, makes the necessary adjustments to ensure, that the amounts are identical.
- Procedures for how the license holder continuously updates data, documents and information on the player.
- Extracts of AML procedures along with a list of the cases where a suspicion of money laundering or terror financing has arisen and where the license holder has disproven the suspicion.
- Procedures for compliance with the rules on matchfixing in the Danish gambling legislation.
- Procedures for compliance with the rules on marketing in the Danish gambling legislation.
As regards to (2) it concerns the following material:
- Overview of the ownership structure for the license holder, showing the companies which own more than 10 % of the license holder – this can also be done by submitting a complete group structure, however, it must be shown in the group structure, which companies own more than 10 % of the license holder.
- Overview of the sub contractors, both other group companies and external sub contractors, that supply services, which are used in connection with the license holder’s provision of gambling – this includes payment modules, games, KYC, gambling platform, SAFE etc.
- Information on whether the license holder provides gambling in Greenland.
- Information on which platform the license holder provides gambling on (landbased, online, mobile).
- Information on the games, which the license holder provides and a short description of how the player plays the games (exemplified by game rules).
- Number of final player accounts at the time of submission of the application for renewal of the license.
- Number of temporary accounts, which have not been made final within the last 12 months prior to the submission of the application for renewal of the license.
- Information on money transfers to and from temporary accounts within the last 12 months prior to the submission of the application for renewal of the license.
- Risk management reports to the executive and board of directors for the past 12 months.